A Certified guarantee of origin
Our whole products come from ducks raised, stuffed, slaughtered, cut, cooked and packed in the Perigord.
In a few moments, it is possible to trace all of the history of the product given to the consumer, owing to a complete and effective documentary traceability system.
Besides compliance with health standards, the specifications to which the members of the Perigord Foie Gras Association are subject to, guarantee :
Compliance with health conditions in livestock housing and feeding through the application of cleaning and disinfection programs between each batch
Compliance with environmental conditions for animals with reduced densities in buildings and access to large activity courses
A minimum age of 91 days at slaughter; Control of all food
Non-use of antibiotics during feeding
Optimal transport conditions
The authorized producers are subjected to 4 checks per year by an independent certification body.
A land within the Perigord Protected Geographical Indication
• The full French Dordogne department
• Cities belonging to three cantons bordering the Dordogne in the neighbouring department of Haute-Vienne (Saint-Yrieix-la-Perche, Châlus, Saint-Mathieu);
• Cities belonging to four cantons bordering the Dordogne in the neighbouring department of Corrèze (Brive Larche, Ayen, Juillac, Lubersac)
• Cities belonging to six cantons bordering the Dordogne in the neighbouring department of Lot (Souillac, Payrac, Salviac, Gourdon, Cazals, Puy-L’Évêque);
• Cities belonging to six cantons bordering the Dordogne in the neighbouring department of Lot-et-Garonne (Duras, Castillones, Lauzun)